Hello....
Hope you are having a beautiful fall! I thought I would share a few pictures of what I have been up to today... baking pumpkin bread!
The house smells heavenly of pumpkin and spice.
Hope you are having a beautiful fall! I thought I would share a few pictures of what I have been up to today... baking pumpkin bread!
The house smells heavenly of pumpkin and spice.
It tastes even better set up Vintage style....
I set it on top my very old footed cutting/butcher block along with an Old English bread knife for slicing.
Of course, we like to add a little butter (looking delicious in a antique English wooden "Butter" dish)...
Or...for dessert a big dollop of freshly whipped hevy cream!
Here's the recipe if you don't have a favorite of your own. So simple....
1 1/2 Sticks unsalted butter, room temp.
3 T. Molasses
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
2/3 cup orange juice or water
2 cups pumpkin pur'ee
3 1/3 cups flour
1/2 t. baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1 cup raisins optional
Preheat oven to 350. Butter bundt or 2 large loaf pans.
With mixer cream butter, molasses and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in
the eggs, one at a time. Beat til light and lemon colored. Add orange juice and pumpkin
pur'ee mix well. Sift dry ingrediants together and add to the pumpkin mixture stirring well with a wooden spoon to thoroughly combine. Spoon into pan. Bake one hour or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool 10 min, then turn out onto rack to cool.
Enjoy....Debra




No comments:
Post a Comment