Monday, August 22, 2011

An Antique Urn, Sea Fans,Sea Sponges and a Thank You to Avalon Rose Design!!

Hi! Hope everyone had a great weekend!
 My weekend was blessed with family fun, friends and great finds!
I thought I would share what I have been up to this morning.
I have this treasured old early 1900s cast iron urn sitting in the house "empty" waiting to be filled. It has had everything from a variety of live plants to dried hydrangeas and I wanted something new....
I needed something easy and low maintenance because it's in front of a window that gets a lot of sun. I took the deliciously crusty urn, stuffed the bottom with newspaper and filled it with brown natural sea sponges and natural "white" sea fans.
 The natural snow white fans are new and I'm so excited to carry them along with the usual black, brown and natural tan ones. 
I have a variety of sea fans and coral in my booths at Wertz Brothers Antique Mart,  they sell well and are fun to decorate with.
Talk about low maintenance....this is NO maintenance! If you would like to see them for sale on my website, drop me a comment and I would be happy to list some.

Last I would love to shout out a huge thank you to my website designer Cathy from Avalon Rose Design!  What a delight to work with! By the time we finished, I felt like I have developed a new friendship! You make something so difficult to the non computer savvy person like me, so easy with your talent! Your tutorial on Photoshop Elements was such a huge help to me...if you would like to see it go here. Thanks again Cathy....You're amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment